Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Clipping Masks




The scope of the masks project was to understand how masks work in Photoshop, how to appropriately use them, and then to be able to use pur creativity with the concept. For my original, I decided to do a clipping mask postcard based on Tame Impala, one of my favorite bands, and Alt-J, one of the bands to got me into music. I used artwork from the bands and went through many typefaces in order to find ones that fit the band's style. Through this project I learned how masks can be used for a variety of different things, and the techinical aspect of applying an image to the mask. Something I would to do differently would be to explore the other different kinds of masks. Something I would do the same would be to come up with ideas that relate to me more as a person. All and all, I had fun with this concept and still have more ideas on what to do with it, such as using shapes and constrasting images.

No comments:

Post a Comment