Monday, September 1, 2014

My Personality Test

My personality type is INFP. INFPs are idealistic people; they strongly hold to their values. They see the potential in everything: people, technology, knowledge, and the future. They wish to work towards that potential and reach their personal best. Because of this, we are flexible and can take whatever is heading towards us. We value relationships with other people and wish to improve them if a relationship is failing. We encourage the spreading of ideas, and that creativity and the arts are the outlet for mankind. Famous INFPs include Shakespeare, Vincent Van Gogh, Edgar Allan Poe, and Nicolas Cage.

This personality type mostly gets the idea of who I am. I do see potential in everything, and I am open to most, if not all new ideas. I am usually a pretty sympathetic guy, and feelings come heavy to me. I still, however, am a rational thinker and won't do something because of how I feel, although that may play a large part. I love handling with new ideas, and breaking the fabric of the norm. I don't usually think too much about the future, however; unless I'm daydreaming or fantasizing, my mind generally stays in the present. This personality type explains well how I like to focus on arts like film and music. It also explains why I am a chronic procrastinator, a habit I'm trying my hardest to break. The type somewhat helps me understand who I am; for example, why I always have had the desire to achieve something great.

When I am in a group, I am typically the one who envisions the project. I imagine what we want the final product to be, and then try to figure out how to achieve that vision, while being open to any new ideas to be added. When I am able to get this role, I tend to set our sights clear as what to do,
although I may need another person to help make sure we actually get there. If I don't get this type of role, I tend to be able to adapt to whatever I need to do, and while I may not be as good at that role as
other ones, I can still get the job done. My friends have misunderstood me because of my personality plenty of times, mostly due to my ambitious and idealistic nature. I have also misunderstood people because of my personality, for example, when I was in 7th Grade (and was an egotistical jerk) and was outraged at certain people "being content with doing nothing worthwhile." (I have since grown from that kind of self-absorbed thinking.) Now I try my best to understand everyone and find out what they are like and why.




No comments:

Post a Comment