Thursday, May 19, 2016

Movie Poster



My scope for this project was to create a poster of a favorite childhood movie in the style of the legendary Saul Bass. I chose the Incredibles for my movie, as I loved it as a kid and still do. I started off with a couple of sketches, and decided on making the poster look like the suits. After this, I set the create the graphics in Illustrator and piece it together in InDesign. The hardest part of the project was the Incredibles logo, which I created from scratch. I explored my tools in order to recreate the logo, which is more complex than it looks. I took some unorthodox methods in solving my problems, such as the live paint, but in the end the logo turned out fine. One thing I want to differently in different projects is to draw more sketches and put more effort into brainstorming.

No comments:

Post a Comment