Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Magazine Project

My scope for this project was to create a custom magazine cover that reflected my interests and personality. I decided it would be much more entertaining to create my own magazine instead of using a preexisting one, so I came up with Timbre, which is supposed to be a music magazine. I held a mini photoshoot during class, and selected this pose out of the group.



 Then, I drew rough sketches of what I wanted the cover to look like, and most of them were similar to this. I experimented with different fonts and colors until I found the ones that fit my scope. One thing I enjoyed about about this project was the freedom it gave me to indirectly express myself, and I like the bold but minimalistic style my final product has. One thing I would do differently next time is recreate some of the different sketches in InDesign for a true compare and contrast.


No comments:

Post a Comment