Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Graphic Design Pattern


Motif:  The scope of the motif was to create radial pattern that would work for a ceiling tile. I came up with the idea while messing around with the rotate tool. I created it by drawing a star and rotating it by 5 degrees until it made a complete circle. I then copy and pasted that into the empty circle space and used the pathfinder tool to remove certain sections and create the above pattern. I thought this was fun because it was simple and easy to do while also having a wide range of possibilities.


Repeating Pattern: The scope of the repeating pattern was to create an interesting, solid color repeating pattern that would fit among others as a ceiling tile. I found the concept when researching different kind of designs online. I created in by placing four circles in a square and using estimate the correct amount of pucker and bloat to make the shape that was created by the circles meeting together. I then filled in the remaining spaces by the rectangles edge with the blue color. I thought this was enjoyable because it allowed me to find a design that appealed to me and recreate it using what I have learned in this class.

4 comments:

  1. what is this trash, I can tell that you copied this from the internet, no I'm joking. I like your pattern, pretty trippy bro. You also joined in on the band wagon approach to doing a radial pattern. It is still unique in its own way and nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patterns are very "Saint" like. I especially like the first one due to its diamond use of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your motif is super cool, but for some reason the middle looks kind of messed up so maybe you could fix that. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The center of your radial pattern seems a bit off. Nonetheless, I like it. I like your repeating pattern and it reminds me of Megan Chrisco's pattern.

    ReplyDelete