Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Dream House Project



What was the scope of the project?
The scope of the project was to create a full-scale model of a dream house that included details such as windows, porches, garages, and etc.

What was your process? 
I began pre-production of this project by looking up many construction plans and selecting the one I liked the most. After choosing, I then wrote down major details of the house's plans, such as dimensions and sizes. During production I used Sketchup and its tools to create a 3D model according to the dimensions, and then added large details like the windows and the porch. In post-production, I made sure that all of the parts of the house fit together, and also added some fun compliment details, like a tree and a car.

What did you learn along the way?
Technically speaking, I learned about many different tools, such as the offset tool which allows you to create a copy of a shape at a different size, the measuring tape which allowed me to measure the length of lines and parts of the house, and the scenes tool which allows you to create an animated tour of whatever you are modeling.

What would you do different next time?
Next time, I will try to pay more attention to how to do certain things, because that limited me in this project. I will also try to focus a bit more on the project, so that I can end up next time with a much better result.

What would you do the same?
I will use the same method that I used to create the roof, as it was very simple and effective. I will also try to do my roof in the same style, as it is the easiest type of roof to do for a complicated structured house.

What will you draw from this experience to enhance your next project?
I will try to focus more on my end goal, and try to focus most if not all of my classtime on working towards that end goal and towards bettering my project. I will also try to be a bit more creative.

General Thoughts and Conclusions
I thought this project was very enjoyable, albeit challenging and difficult. I liked creating the house from scratch and making progress with each step. I also enjoyed some of the creative freedoms we were given in this project, such as the decorations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment