Friday, September 11, 2015

Professional Video Blog Post





The video I chose was a short animated video about a lazy intergalactic delivery service. The general scope of the video was to portray a quick, dark, but funny short video. The story is about a how an incompetent delivery man land on a tiny planet, and unknowingly manages to bring terror to the planet and its inhabitants, and eventually disintegrates it. I decided to analyze the video through its cinematography. I thought it was fairly well made; although there were a lot of long and centered shots, it did also use the rule of thirds frequently and the long shots never felt drawn out or boring. For example, there is a scene where one of the aliens is running from a giant can, and while the shot goes on for quite some time, it does not entirely bore you by throwing little jokes here and there (although I agree that the team should have split it up into different shots). One element I might use from this video is the use of a wide shot to not set the scene, but to show the characteristics of characters, like the wide shot of the delivery man's messy ship. Something that I had already learned that I thought the video did well on was how to position the rule of thirds, by placing the subject on a line and having something interesting in every box. Overall, I believe the cinematography was pretty decent, was pleasant looking, but could use some improvement in adjusting shots and drawn-out shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment